Saturday, May 16, 2009

How to add a "remember me" checkbox to django-registration

If you are using django-registration app, you might want to add a "remember me" checkbox to your login form. Usually, "remember me" functionality means that the cookie is set to expire for an extended period of time.

Create a view function inside your app:

from django.contrib.auth import views as auth_views
...
def login_user(request, template_name='registration/login.html', extra_context=None):
response = auth_views.login(request, template_name)
if request.POST.has_key('remember_me'):
request.session.set_expiry(1209600) # 2 weeks

This view practically calls Django's original login view function, and then checks if the request contains a "remember_me" field checked. Also, in the settings file, you should make sure to set SESSION_EXPIRE_AT_BROWSER_CLOSE = True to make the default behavior such that the cookie expires when the user closes the browser.

You should now edit your login template to add the checkbox to the login form:

...
<input type="checkbox" name="remember_me" value="true">Remember Me</input>
...

Last, you should hook you application url to the new login view we just defined. Edit you applications urls.py:

urlpatterns = patterns('',
...
url(r'^login/$', login_user, {'template_name': 'registration/login.html'}, name='auth_login'),

17 comments:

  1. Thanks buddy... :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. The market for mobile apps is growing rapidly and offers great opportunities for businesses. If you are considering making your own Android app there are several strategies and options to consider before getting started. You can learn how to develop Android apps and doing all the programming yourself. This is the hardest but also the most satisfying route. Other approaches are using an online "app maker" which generates the code for you or hiring freelancers or companies to do the development. Which ever way you choose is up to you: now is the time to join the mobile revolution! Source

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad to be a visitant of this gross web blog ! , regards for this rare info ! . Mega888 apk download

    ReplyDelete
  4. i joined so many seo forum on the internet and they are really quite helpful and i have learned a lot, 안전놀이터

    ReplyDelete
  5. Security Cameras have proven to be an invaluable tool in catching criminals, and many felons who would otherwise be free are now behind bars. Those we hire to protect us and enforce the law are not always immune to the lure of criminal activity unfortunately, and security cameras record the truth without prejuduice and help us to weed out the rotten apples and punish them equally as they deserve. how do you make a spy camera out of household items

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello!,I really like your writing very a lot! proportion we keep up a correspondence extra about your article on AOL? I require an expert in this house to resolve my problem. Maybe that is you! Having a look forward to see you. 188

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can increase your blog visitors by having a fan page on facebook.*’.:* apaas

    ReplyDelete
  8. Found your weblog and decided to have a study on it, not what I usually do, but this blog is wonderful. Awesome to see a site that’s not spammed, and actually makes some sense. Anyway, great write up. buy steroids online

    ReplyDelete
  9. You lost me, friend. What i’m saying is, I imagine I am what youre saying. I am aware what you’re saying, however, you just appear to have forgotten that might be another folks inside the world who view this issue for which it truly is and may even perhaps not go along with you. You may well be turning away many people that may have been lovers of your website. buy hgh

    ReplyDelete
  10. Heya i am for the first time here. I came across this board and I find It really useful & it helped me out a lot. I hope to give something back and help others like you helped me. clenbuterol for sale

    ReplyDelete
  11. too much vitamin-a can also cause osteoporosis but aging is the number cause of it“ buy steroids online

    ReplyDelete
  12. Heya i am for the first time here. I came across this board and I find It really useful & it helped me out a lot. I hope to give something back and help others like you helped me. Play Therapy

    ReplyDelete
  13. the shoulder bags that my girlfriend uses are always made up from natural leather* iggy frome new amsterdam

    ReplyDelete
  14. After a short time, regular commenters begin to make a community. It starts to feel intrusive to insert yourself. ivrom streaming

    ReplyDelete
  15. Whether we like it or not mobile is fast becoming the preferred method of browsing the web and up to 50% of local searches are now performed on mobile devices. Indeed currently in the UK alone up to 8 million people access the internet every day using iPhones or smart phones. So with approximately every other user viewing the web (and possibly your web site) via mobile phones, have you stopped to consider whether your website is mobile ready? best mobile app developer ins ingapore

    ReplyDelete